These days most of us maintain a pretty busy schedule. Whether it’s work, taking care of the kids or more work at home; we find a common denominator in our unhealthy eating habits; we just haven’t got the time. I’ve come up with a few simple, and healthy ways to keep your health on track all the while making sure everything else in your busy day gets done.
- Enzymes: Start your morning off with 16oz of water to curb your appetite and bioavailable foods; such as watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple and papaya. Bioavaible just means these foods are broken down quite fast and the vitamins and enzymes are absorbed in your system fairly quickly.
- Brain food: If you have that mid day craving, keep raw, unsalted trail mix handy. Be sure to avoid peanuts, because they’re high in saturated fats. Blueberries and cherries are great too, both are high in antioxidants and cherries are a memory booster and they’re low glycemic!
- Hydration: Water is very essential, drinking water throughout the day is not only great for your skin, it is also essential in the removal toxins stored in your body.
- Herbal Teas: Black tea, is a great source of energy at the same time green tea is great for your metabolism, and contains a great amount of antioxidants. Tea’s are great because, well they’re herbs and have their own benefits. For instance; ginger tea, is an anti-inflammatory. Lavender tea is calming after a long hectic day. Be sure to sweeten with honey, or coconut sugar over white sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Herbs: Always keep in mind the importance of cleansing. Our bodies need help disposing of some of the built up toxins as we age, taking certain herbs that are believed to provide your organs with what they need to run efficiently- is a way to stay clean.